Reaching some areas of a building can be challenging if you lack a ladder or the right ladder for that matter. Imagine reaching the roof or apex of the home, the tree tops, or scaling walls? Life would be less-complicated and more convenient if you invested in an extension ladder.
Unlike the normal type, this one can be increased or decreased in height to suit the need at hand. It either comes in telescoping style or foldable nature. Knowing very well that there are many types of items being offered, we saw it fit to identify the top 10 best extension ladder in 2017. But before we begin the review, do you know what features you need to look at? Read on to find out.
- Top 10 Best Extension Ladder in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- Key Features:
- 10. DeWalt, DXL3020-16PT Extension Ladder
- 9. Werner, D1116-2 Aluminum Extension Ladder
- 8. Werner, D1528-2 Aluminum Extension Ladder
- 7. Louisville, Ladder L-2321-16 200- Aluminum Extension Ladder
- 6. Louisville, Ladder AE2216 Aluminum Extension Ladder 300-Pound Capacity
- 5. Little Giant, 12022 RevolutionXE Extension Ladder
- 4. Little Giant, Alta One 17 Foot Ladder with Work Platform
- 3. OxGord, Aluminum Folding Scaffold Multi-Purpose Ladder
- 2. Louisville Ladder, FE3224 Fiberglass Extension Ladder
- 1. Little Giant, 14016-001 Alta One Type 1 Model 22-foot Ladder
- Buyer’s Guide:
Top 10 Best Extension Ladder in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. DeWalt, DXL3020-16PT Extension Ladder
- By: DeWalt
Is reaching hard places proving to be a challenge? How about acquiring the DeWalt DXL 3020 extension ladder? Made from fiberglass, this piece can be expanded up to 16 feet. It comes in a stylish design and smooth finish and weighs approximately 300 pounds. To eliminate noise especially when carrying, it features rung end caps while the nylon rope and quick latch improve reliability.
- This ladder is well-made for both light and heavy-duty chores
- The simple design makes using and carrying easy
- It remains stable and doesn’t wobble even when fully-stretched out
9. Werner, D1116-2 Aluminum Extension Ladder
- By: Werner
People searching for a reliable extension ladder should consider the Werner D1116-2 aluminum ladder. It can be sttrectchedout for 16 feet and weighs roughly 200 pounds. The unit features flat Tred D-rungs for enhancing stability, exclusive Alflo rung joint for better performance and modified I-beam side rails for strength.
- Well-constructed and doesn’t shake or wobble even when fully extended
- Easily expands and collapses and doesn’t need an extra hand
- The ladder has retained its elegance and didn’t rust, fade or corrode
8. Werner, D1528-2 Aluminum Extension Ladder
- By: Werner
Your search for a dependable extension ladder should come to an end once you acquire this piece from Werner. Weighing approximately 300 pounds and made from premium aluminum, the Werner D1528-2 measures 28 feet long and is recommended for heights of up to 25 feet. It comes with traction Tred D-rungs for improving grip, rugged spring loaded locks, and one of-its-kind Alflo rung joint.
- It’s come in good length and has good reach
- The ladder feels pretty solid and should last for many years
- Using it even for first timers isn’t uncomplicated. In fact, it seems to slide in and out smoothly
7. Louisville, Ladder L-2321-16 200- Aluminum Extension Ladder
- By: Louisville
The Louisville brand never seems to disappoint. This time round they are offering the L-2321 extension ladder. It is made from strong and quality aluminum and has a reach of up to 16 feet. It weighs about 200 pounds and comes with Mar-resistant feet and O- Shaped rungs for better stability. And considering it meets the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standards, the ladder’s safety isn’t in doubt.
- It remains firm on the same spot without moving unnecessarily
- Its pretty strong even when fully stretched out
- The ladder is suitable for both inexperienced as well as seasoned users
6. Louisville, Ladder AE2216 Aluminum Extension Ladder 300-Pound Capacity
- By: Louisville
Also from Louisville is this 300-pound ladder that stretches for up to 16 feet. It’s constructed from solid aluminum and comes with modified I-Beam side rails or better performance. The interlocking rails together with the full 3-inch extrusions give it stability whereas the thick rubber on the plated steel shoes and swivel-safe shoes keep it firmly in place and minimize any movement. Similar to other top ladders, this one also meets the safety standards set by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- Using the ladder is easy thanks to the good design and simplicity
- It is well suited for many uses both light and heavy-duty
- The item remains firm and stable and doesn’t move even under extreme conditions
5. Little Giant, 12022 RevolutionXE Extension Ladder
- By: Little Giant
This multiuse ladder by Little Giant stretches up to 22 feet long and can be configured in as many as 33 styles. It’s made from quality aircraft-grade aluminum that is not only strong but elegant as well. It comes with an A-frame, three scaffolding positions, 90- degrees and extension. When used as advised and in the correct manner, this ladder can prevent up to 95% of the accidents associated with ladders. It conforms to the standards met by ANSI and OSHA.
- The ladder is very secure courtesy of the side base
- Folding or extending the ladder is pretty easy
- Easy to configure in many different positions
4. Little Giant, Alta One 17 Foot Ladder with Work Platform
- By: Little Giant
This ladder measures up to 17 feet hen extended and can be used in many places including the home, workshop, garage, office and other places. It’s manufactured from aircraft-aluminum and comes with a work platform of 250 lbs. To remain effective in different situations, it can be used at a 90-degree angle, 3 different scaffolding positions, fully extended and in A-frame design. The light ladder is ANSI, and OSHA rated for safety.
- Strong and well-built
- Using it in different platform is easy and requires minimal effort
- Besides feeling solid, it also remains stable when supporting a user
3. OxGord, Aluminum Folding Scaffold Multi-Purpose Ladder
- By: OxGord
When it comes to ladders, the OxGord brand is well known. This type is among their best sellers and is regarded as a multipurpose piece. It can be used in varied situations thanks to the many folding and scaffolding formats. The aluminum ladder measures about 3.33 feet when folded and 12.5 feet when extended. It can support maximum of 160 kg/ 350 pounds. Other than an extension ladder, it can also work as a bridge.
- Rock solid design makes it strong and long-lasting
- Choosing 7 different formats isn’t difficult even for new users
- It automatically locks when unfolded, and this enhances safety
2. Louisville Ladder, FE3224 Fiberglass Extension Ladder
- By: Louisville Ladder
Made from high-quality fiberglass, this FE3224 extension ladder by Louisville can support weights up to 300 pounds. It comes in a simple design and will measure 24 feet long when extended. It features patented fast latch rung lock for better stability and steel plated swivel shoes for safety. The end sections are covered with mar resistant caps, and it is complaint with CSA grade 1 and ANSI 14.4.
- Good length and expands easily
- The ladder is fairly light and can be handled by single person
- Comes with firm grip and is stable
1. Little Giant, 14016-001 Alta One Type 1 Model 22-foot Ladder
- By: Little Giant
The Little Giant 14016-001 Alta ladder is made from aircraft-grade aluminum and measures 22 feet when extended. It can be configured in different ways including 90-degrees, A-frame, extension, bridge, staircase, scaffolding and more. The triple-locking hinge makes folding, unfolding, and extending easy and also improves portability. Although light, this ladder has a weight capacity of 250 pounds.
- Good design, well built and suitable for different surfaces
- When handles with care, this ladder can last of many years
- Using the ladder is straightforward even for new users
You shouldn’t risk falling because of using an unreliable ladder. You don’t need to inconvenience another person by asking him/her to support the ladder because it tends to shake, wobble or is unstable. You also don’t have to overstretch yourself when reaching height because of a short ladder. What’s important is picking the appropriate extension ladder.
It is easy to use, strong, durable, easy to increase or collapse the height, portable, safe and occupies minimal space. Additionally, it grants you more satisfaction and peace-of-mind. By following the top 10 best extension ladder in 2017 reviews – buyer’s guide, we believe that you will not only find the right product but will also save effort and time while at it.