Overheating is a symptom of a faulty cooling system. Others include erratic operation, loss, or coolant. As any technician or mechanic will tell you, diagnosing the cause of the fault isn’t easy especially if you lack the right equipment or tools. You may have to spend lots of effort and time to unearth the cause, or even failing to discover the problem.
However, you can save time and effort by using a dependable cooling system tester. This kit comes with many accessories and attachments and will fit in different systems. Modern types are more reliable than earlier versions and can be used by both DIYers, hobbyists, and professionals
- Top 12 Best Cooling System Pressure Tester 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- What is the best Cooling/ Radiator System Tester?
- 12. Goplus 18pcs Universal Radiator Pressure Tester and Vacuum Pump Type Cooling System Kit
- 11. Goplus Radiator Pressure Tester
- 10. Mityvac MITMV4533 AirEvac Kit
- 9. EWK Universal Pressure Tester
- 8. Mityvac MV4560 Radiator and Cooling System Pressure Checker
- 7. PMD Products Cooling System Pressure Checker
- 6. Stant 12270 Pressure Tester
- 5. XtremepowerUS, 14 Pcs Radiator Pressure Tester, and Vacuum Type Cooling System Kit
- 4. Performance Tool W89733 Pressure Test Kit
- 3. WinMax Generic Radiator Pressure Tester
- 2. FJC 43645 Radiator Pressure Test Kit
- 1. Astro Pneumatic Tool, Astro 78585 Universal Radiator Pressure Tester, and Vacuum Type Cooling System Kit
- Key Features
- Which Product Do we Recommend?
Top 12 Best Cooling System Pressure Tester 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
12. Goplus 18pcs Universal Radiator Pressure Tester and Vacuum Pump Type Cooling System Kit
This pressure tester comes with 18 pieces and is suitable for a wide range of cars. The universal kit includes a handy vacuum pump that measures 7 inches long and 1 5 /8 inches in diameter. The self-locking design prevents any leakage while the quick-disconnect simplifies removal. It is designed for pressure ranging from 0 to 35PSI and comes with a 15-inch long hose with tip.
- Works well
- Well built
- Feels solid
- Simple to use
11. Goplus Radiator Pressure Tester
Testing the cooling system is easier and more accurate with this pressure tester kit from Goplus. Featuring 27 pieces, this product works with most cars in the market both new and old. It’s designed for cooling systems with a pressure range of between 0 and 35PSI and comes with a color-coded radiator cap for easy diagnosis. Also included are a refill toolkit, relief valve, universal adapter and a convenient carry case.
- Easy to use
- Well priced
- Good working
10. Mityvac MITMV4533 AirEvac Kit
This kit from Mityvac comes in a universal design and will work with American, Asian, European and other car types. It comes with more than 20 adapters that will easily connect to the cooling system. The handy accessory that boasts of a patent-pending adapter mechanism creates an airtight seal for better and more accurate reading. In addition to confirming leaks, this kit also eliminates airlocks within the cooling system.
- Simple to fit and use
- Compatible with most cooling systems
- Good design
9. EWK Universal Pressure Tester
Overheating cooling systems or excessive leakage will be forgotten once you use this pressure testing kit to check for problems. It’s designed for use with both modern and older vehicles and comes in a simple design. The adapters easily connect to the system while the airtight design prevents misdiagnosis that may be caused by leakage. For easy identification of the right test cap, the kit features a color printing radiator cap.
- Connection to the cooling system is easy and straightforward
- Comes with an easy-read and simple dial
- The accessories are well-built and should last for many years
8. Mityvac MV4560 Radiator and Cooling System Pressure Checker
The MV4560 testing kit is famed for its reliability, efficiency, and simplicity. It easily connects to most radiator systems and will provide the results within a short time. It consists of many accessories including color-coded radiator cap, vacuum gauge, caps, hoses and vacuum purge. The item will identify the cause of the problem whether it’s the head gasket, faulty pipe, damaged head or bad block.
- Easy to install and works great
- Versatile unit that fits on most cooling systems
- Simple design, easy to use
7. PMD Products Cooling System Pressure Checker
With this kit, you will be able to unearth the reasons why your cooling system is misbehaving. The well-built kit consists of 27 pieces and should work with most cars. It operates within a range of 0 and 35 PSI and features a color-coded radiator cap for easy checking. It has a refill tool and vacuum purge that help in changing the coolant in the system.
- The kit is well made and can withstand frequent usage
- It works great and delivers the results within minutes
- The quality is quite good for its price
6. Stant 12270 Pressure Tester
Bid farewell to a malfunctioning cooling system by using the Stant 12270 pressure tester. It operates within a pressure range of between 0 and 30 PSI and is fit for both local and imported cars. The kit features a color-coded dial for easy checking and accuracy and handles high pressure pretty well. For safe removal of the tester from the cooling system, this accessory features a pressure release valve. The included carry case protects the accessories, makes carrying, and storage convenient.
- One of the easiest to use kits
- The design is good
- Reading the dial is simple and straightforward
5. XtremepowerUS, 14 Pcs Radiator Pressure Tester, and Vacuum Type Cooling System Kit
Designed to work with 0-35PSI, this tester is suitable even for high pressure. It consists of 14 pieces that work well with different types of radiators and cooling systems. The kit will assist in detecting both external and internal leaks and is perfect for faulty heads or blocks, bad gaskets, damaged pipes and water pumps. It features a self-locking mechanism for easy and quick fitting and a quick-disconnect design for easy removal. Inside the kit, you will find a high volume pump, thermometer, 8 Anodized aluminum adapters/caps, 4 Chrome steel cap/adapters, and a carrying case.
- Decent quality
- Good value
- Looks and feels solid
4. Performance Tool W89733 Pressure Test Kit
This pressure tester will verify where the leak in the cooling system is coming from. It may be from a faulty water pump, broken water pipe, loose connection, faulty gasket, or damaged head or block. This kit has a user-friendly hand pump and 12 high-quality adapters. Fitting it on local or imported vehicles is easy and simple even for newbies.
- The kit not only looks nice but is well built
- It works well in different pressures
- High-quality gauge and adapters
3. WinMax Generic Radiator Pressure Tester
Discover why your cooling system is misbehaving or your car is overheating by using the WinMax Generic pressure tester. Suitable for both local and exotic cars, this 25-piece kit operates within 0 and 25 PSI. It features a color-coded radiator cap for ascertaining the right test cap, a refill tool for flushing the system, and a uniquely designed vacuum purge. Found in the kit is a gauge, blue testing adapter, 16 caps, and black test adapter.
- Connecting and understanding the results is easy
- Works perfectly with both domestic and imported cars
- Reliable and user-friendly color-coded radiator test cap
2. FJC 43645 Radiator Pressure Test Kit
This pressure tester will confirm the underlying cause of an overheating or malfunctioning system. It works with many vehicles and has won praise for delivering the quick and accurate result. The kit has several of adapters that work with vehicles from the US, German, Japan, Sweden, Korea, UK and more. It’s designed for use with radiators as well as radiator caps.
- All the pieces are high quality
- Simple to use even by first timers
- Professional-looking and well made
1. Astro Pneumatic Tool, Astro 78585 Universal Radiator Pressure Tester, and Vacuum Type Cooling System Kit
The Astro 78585 tester is suitable for many types of cooling systems. It’s available in a simple but effective design and works with both local and imported cars. The color-coded radiator cap identifies the right test cap easily and will fit on most radiators courtesy of the reliable refill tool connection. It has a uniquely designed vacuum purge that enhances the testing.
- Nice quality
- Easy to use
- Works with many types of vehicles
Checking for leaks or faults in the cooling systems is easier, less-costly and more accurate with the right pressure tester. A good device is easy to use, comes in a user-friendly design, works on different systems, and brings the results within a short time. It’s also made from quality materials, comes in a simple design, and features many adapters, caps, and attachments. To save you the inconvenience of reviewing one product at a time or using a low-quality product, we have reviewed the 12 best pressure testers in 2017. Finding a leak or any other fault should now be easier.